Re: [HACKERS] fsync -> fdatasync in backend/storage/file/fd.c

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] fsync -> fdatasync in backend/storage/file/fd.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 18 Apr 1998, Mattias Kregert wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>

> >         We don't have it (FreeBSD)...what does it do? *raised eyebrow*
> > And, how many ppl actually have fsync's enabled?
>
> I always have fsync enabled.

    Why?  IMHO, the only use for this is where the system you are
running it on is suspect, and you fear it crashing alot...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Proposal for async support in libpq
От: "Meskes, Michael"
Сообщение: RE: [HACKERS] drop table inside transactions