reverse file descriptor to a file name...

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема reverse file descriptor to a file name...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi...

    I want to add the filename (index) to the error message:

FATAL 1:  btree: BTP_CHAIN flag was expected (access = 0)

    At least then I can figure out which index to drop and rebuild,
instead of having to do them all :)

    Now, looking at _bt_moveright(), it passes Relation, which, as
part of its structure, has 'rd_fd', which I'm assuming is the open file
descriptor for the index file its doing its search on...

    Is there a method of taking rd_fd and figuring out the file name
it is associated with?  I looked at fstat(), but that only appears to
return everything but the filename :(

    Ideas...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

От: Peter T Mount
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] New pg_type for large object
От: "Boersenspielteam"
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] subselect and optimizer