RE: logical replication empty transactions

От wangw.fnst@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: logical replication empty transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Feb, Wed 23, 2022 at 10:58 PM Ajin Cherian <itsajin@gmail.com> wrote:

Few comments to V19-0001:

1. I think we should adjust the alignment format.
git am ../v19-0001-Skip-empty-transactions-for-logical-replication.patch
.git/rebase-apply/patch:197: indent with spaces.
    * Before we send schema, make sure that STREAM START/BEGIN/BEGIN PREPARE
.git/rebase-apply/patch:198: indent with spaces.
    * is sent. If not, send now.
.git/rebase-apply/patch:199: indent with spaces.
    */
.git/rebase-apply/patch:201: indent with spaces.
       pgoutput_send_stream_start(ctx, toptxn);
.git/rebase-apply/patch:204: indent with spaces.
       pgoutput_begin(ctx, toptxn);
warning: 5 lines add whitespace errors.

2. Structure member initialization.
 static void
 pgoutput_begin_txn(LogicalDecodingContext *ctx, ReorderBufferTXN *txn)
 {
+    PGOutputTxnData    *txndata = MemoryContextAllocZero(ctx->context,
+                                                         sizeof(PGOutputTxnData));
+
+    txndata->sent_begin_txn = false;
+    txn->output_plugin_private = txndata;
+}
Do we need to set sent_stream_start and sent_any_stream to false here?

3. Maybe we should add Assert(txndata) like function pgoutput_commit_txn in
other functions.

4. In addition, I think we should keep a unified style.
a). log style (maybe first one is better.)
First style  : "Skipping replication of an empty transaction in XXX"
Second style : "skipping replication of an empty transaction"
b) flag name (maybe second one is better.)
First style  : variable "sent_begin_txn" in function pgoutput_stream_*.
Second style : variable "skip" in function pgoutput_commit_txn.

Regards,
Wang wei

От: Peter Smith
Сообщение: Re: Design of pg_stat_subscription_workers vs pgstats
От: vignesh C
Сообщение: Handle infinite recursion in logical replication setup