Re: best arrangement of 3 disks for (insert) performance - Dell

От Thom Dyson
Тема Re: best arrangement of 3 disks for (insert) performance - Dell
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
The Dell PERC controllers have a very strong reputation for terrible
performance.  If you search the archives of the Dell Linux Power Edge list
(dell.com/linux), you will find many, many people who get better
performance from software RAID, rather than the hw RAID on the PERC.
Having said that, the 3/SC might be one of the better PERC controllers.  I
would spend and hour or two and benchmark hw vs. sw before I committed to
either one.

Thom Dyson
Director of Information Services
Sybex, Inc.

От: Richard Jones
Сообщение: Re: best arrangement of 3 disks for (insert) performance
От: Will LaShell
Сообщение: Re: best arrangement of 3 disks for (insert) performance