Re: Invalid memory alloc request size for repeat()

От Japin Li
Тема Re: Invalid memory alloc request size for repeat()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 25 May 2022 at 22:41, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 25, 2022, Japin Li <japinli@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Today, I try to use repeat() to generate 1GB text, and it occurs invalid
>> memory
>> alloc request size [1].  It is a limit from palloc(), then I try to reduce
>> it,
>> it still complains out of memory which comes from enlargeStringInfo()
>> [2].  The
>> documentation about repect() [3] doesn't mentaion the limitation.
>>

> That is still a “field” even if it is not stored.
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/limits.html

I mean this is a limitation about repect() function, it isn't really about 1GB,
we can only use 1GB - 4 for it.

--
Regrads,
Japin Li.

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: adding status for COPY progress report
От: Japin Li
Сообщение: Re: Invalid memory alloc request size for repeat()