Re: ZFS filesystem - supported ?

От Laura Smith
Тема Re: ZFS filesystem - supported ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On Saturday, October 23rd, 2021 at 18:48, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/23/21 09:37, Laura Smith wrote:
>
> > Hi Mladen,
> >
> > Yes indeed, snapshots is the primary reason, closely followed by zfssend/receive.
> >
> > I'm no stranger to using LVM snapshots with ext4/xfs but it requires a custom shell script to manage the whole
processaround backups. I feel the whole thing could well be a lot cleaner with zfs.

https://kevinclosson.net/2019/09/21/announcing-pgio-the-slob-method-for-postgresql-is-released-under-apache-2-0-and-available-at-github/

> For those who do not know, Kevin Closson was the technical architect who
>
> has built both Exadata and EMC XTRemIO. He is now the principal engineer
>
> of the Amazon RDS. This part is intended only for those who would tell
>
> him that "Oracle has it is not good enough" if he ever decided to post here.

Thank you Mladen for your very useful food for thought.

I think my plan going forward will be to stick to the old XFS+LVM setup and (maybe) when I have some more time on my
handsfire up a secondary instance with ZFS and do some experimentation with pgio.

Thanks again !

От: Mladen Gogala
Сообщение: Re: ZFS filesystem - supported ?
От: Abhishek Bhola
Сообщение: Re: [Major version upgrade] pg_upgrade fails despite passing check mode