problem temporary table

От frank_lupo
Тема problem temporary table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I work in :
PostgreSQL 7.2 on i686-pc-cygwin, compiled by GCC 2.95.3-5

I create a temporary table and temporary sequence and trigger.

-- temporary sequence
create temporary sequence irextab60_ord_seq start 1;

-- temporary  tabella
create temporary table irextab60 (
pad int4,
fig int4,
liv int4,
lvc varchar(20),
mlv int2 default 0,
ord int4 DEFAULT nextval('irextab60_ord_seq'::text) NOT NULL
);

-- trigger
create trigger irextab60_trigger before insert on irextab60 for each
row execute procedure irextab60_explo();

-- function
CREATE FUNCTION irextab60_explo() RETURNS opaque AS '
DECLARE
        ifig INTEGER;
        iliv INTEGER;
        ilvc VARCHAR(20);
        imlv INTEGER;

--      esplosione tabella irtab

        BEGIN
            ifig:=NEW.fig;
            iliv:=NEW.liv;
            ilvc:=NEW.lvc;
            imlv:=NEW.mlv;

            IF imlv = 0 THEN

              INSERT INTO irextab60 (pad,fig,liv,lvc,mlv)
              SELECT pad, id, iliv + 1, trim(ilvc) + ''.'', imlv
              FROM irtab WHERE pad = ifig ORDER BY cod;
            ELSE
              INSERT INTO irextab60 (pad,fig,liv,lvc,mlv)
              SELECT pad, id, iliv + 1, trim(ilvc) + ''.'', imlv
              FROM irtab WHERE pad = ifig and iliv<imlv ORDER BY cod;
            END IF;
            RETURN NEW;
        END;'
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

This is a method to create a ricorsion table 'irtab' before insert to
irextab60.
The ricorsion is good.
My problem is when select a record for table irtab,irextab60.
The select is:
select a.id from irtab a,irextab60 b where a.id=b.fig

The velocity of selection is variable,I do not know .

I create a index when create a table irextab60 after insert into table
but the selection is not good.
create index aaa on irextab60 (fig)

I create a index when create a table irextab60 before insert into table
but the selection is not good.
create index aaa on irextab60 (fig)

Bye !!
Frank Lupo (Wolf) !!

--
Prendi GRATIS l'email universale che... risparmia: http://www.email.it/f

Sponsor:
Tutti i nuovi modelli di telefonia su Ebest
Clicca qui: http://adv2.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=550&d=25-7

От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: Pl/pgSQL trigger failing and i ant see why
От: "omid omoomi"
Сообщение: Re: Data Corruptions (How to delete a corrupted row?)