Re: Slow PITR restore

От Jeff Trout
Тема Re: Slow PITR restore
Дата
Re: Slow PITR restore  (Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Dec 12, 2007, at 11:29 AM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> 8 seconds for a single archive recovery is very slow in
> consideration of this machine. Even single threaded that seems slow.

I've seen this on my PITR restores (thankfully, they were for
fetching some old data, not because we expoded).  On a 2.4ghz opteron
it took 5-50 seconds per wal segment, and there were a LOT of
segments (replay took hours and hours).  I asked a few folks and was
told it is the nature of the beast.  Hopefully something in 8.4 can
be done.

--
Jeff Trout <jeff@jefftrout.com>
http://www.dellsmartexitin.com/