SQLSTATE when PostgreSQL crashes during COMMIT statement

От Takahashi, Ryohei
Тема SQLSTATE when PostgreSQL crashes during COMMIT statement
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

If application executes COMMIT statement and COMMIT failes because of PostgreSQL crash,
it is unknown whether the transaction is really committed.

Therefore, I think application should check the transaction is really committed after a while when certain SQLSTATE is
returned.
Which SQLSTATE should application check? Or, is there any document which is written about this?

In my observation, ecpg returns '57P02' and libpq returns 'null' when PostgreSQL crashes during COMMIT statement.
Any other SQLSTATE?

Regards,
Ryohei Takahashi

От: Laura Smith
Сообщение: Re: Where to find postgresql libs in the APT repo ?
От: Igor Korot
Сообщение: Compilation fails with Solaris Studio 12.6