Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?

От Tony Theodore
Тема Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On 6 Jan 2016, at 03:47, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>
> In reflection, the only thing a CoC does is put in writing what behaviour we as a project already require, so why not
documentit and use it as a tool to encourage more contribution to our project?

I fully agree with you. No one would question documenting (or advertising) any particular feature - indeed, the quality
ofdocumentation is a feature in itself. I'm reminded of this 2006 quote from Joss Whedon [1]:

Q: So, why do you write these strong female characters?
A: Because you’re still asking me that question.

The Postgres community is also a great "feature", maybe the question we should be asking is - "why isn't it documented
yet?”?I don’t see a CoC as an end in itself, it’s merely an artefact of a community that is as proud of it’s workings
asit’s output.

Regards,

Tony

[1] http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/1018998-why-aren-t-you-asking-a-hundred-other-guys-why-they

От: Vitaly Burovoy
Сообщение: Re: Efficiently selecting single row from a select with window functions row_number, lag and lead
От: Bret Stern
Сообщение: Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?