pgsql: Reduce memory leakage in initdb.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Reduce memory leakage in initdb.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Reduce memory leakage in initdb.

While testing commit 3e51b278d, I noted that initdb leaks about a
megabyte worth of data due to the sloppy bookkeeping in its
string-manipulating code.  That's not a huge amount on modern machines,
but it's still kind of annoying, and it's easy to fix by recognizing
that we might as well treat these arrays of strings as
modifiable-in-place.  There's no caller that cares about preserving
the old state of the array after replace_token or replace_guc_value.

With this fix, valgrind sees only a few hundred bytes leaked during
an initdb run.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/2844176.1674681919@sss.pgh.pa.us

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/4fe2aa7656dce2bd31d4807a6843ff495b9deb80

Modified Files

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: pgsql: Add "-c name=value" switch to initdb.
От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Teach verify_heapam() to validate update chains within a page.