pgsql: Add more tests for REINDEX DATABASE/SYSTEM with relfilenode chan

От Michael Paquier
Тема pgsql: Add more tests for REINDEX DATABASE/SYSTEM with relfilenode chan
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Add more tests for REINDEX DATABASE/SYSTEM with relfilenode changes

Adding such commands in the main regression test suite is not a good
approach performance-wise as it impacts all the objects in the
regression database, so this additional coverage is added in the TAP
tests of reindexdb where we already run a few REINDEX commands with
SYSTEM and DATABASE so there is no runtime difference for the test.
This additional coverage checks which relations are rewritten with
relfilenode changes, as of:
- a toast index in user table.
- a toast index in catalog table.
- a catalog index.
- a user index.

This test suite is something I have implemented for a separate patch
that reworks a bit the way we handle these two REINDEX behaviors, but it
has enough value in itself to be in a separate commit.  This also makes
easier to follow what actually changes once the REINDEX logic is
reworked (currently, DABATASE rewrites both catalog and user tables, and
SYSTEM works only on catalogs).

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/YtOqA7ldcJQADEE8@paquier.xyz

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/5fb5b6c4c176d873bd8405ec40f7002daf242a36

Modified Files
src/bin/scripts/t/090_reindexdb.pl | 77 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: pgsql: windows: msvc: Define STDIN/OUT/ERR_FILENO.
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: pgsql: Rework logic and simplify syntax of REINDEX DATABASE/SYSTEM