pgsql: Add defenses against unexpected changes in the NodeTag enum list

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Add defenses against unexpected changes in the NodeTag enum list
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Add defenses against unexpected changes in the NodeTag enum list.

Having different build systems producing different contents of the
NodeTag enum would be catastrophic for extension ABI stability.
But that ordering depends on the order in which gen_node_support.pl
processes its input files.  It seems too fragile to let the Makefiles,
MSVC build scripts, and soon meson build scripts all set this order
independently.  As a klugy but serviceable solution, put a canonical
copy of the file list into gen_node_support.pl itself, and check that
against the files given on the command line.

Also, while it's fine to add and delete node tags during development,
we must not let the assigned NodeTag values change unexpectedly in
stable branches.  Add a cross-check that can be enabled when a branch
is forked off (or later, but that is a time when we're unlikely to
miss doing it).  It just checks that the last auto-assigned number
doesn't change, which is simplistic but will catch the most likely
sorts of mistakes.

From time to time we do need to add a node tag in a stable branch.
To support doing that without changing the branch's auto-assigned
tag numbers, invent pg_node_attr(nodetag_number(VALUE)) which can
be used to give such a node a hand-assigned tag above the last
auto-assigned one.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/1249010.1657574337@sss.pgh.pa.us

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/eea9fa9b250f4044aa35d537f234c7d44fa9db3d

Modified Files
src/backend/nodes/gen_node_support.pl | 126 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------
src/include/nodes/nodes.h             |   5 ++
src/tools/RELEASE_CHANGES             |   4 ++

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add copy/equal support for XID lists
От: Larry Rosenman
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Fix out-of-bounds read in json_lex_string