[COMMITTERS] pgsql: Try to deliver a sane message for _create_locale() failure onWi

От Tom Lane
Тема [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Try to deliver a sane message for _create_locale() failure onWi
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Try to deliver a sane message for _create_locale() failure on Windows.

We were just printing errno, which is certainly not gonna work on
Windows.  Now, it's not entirely clear from Microsoft's documentation
whether _create_locale() adheres to standard Windows error reporting
conventions, but let's assume it does and try to map the GetLastError
result to an errno.  If this turns out not to work, probably the best
thing to do will be to assume the error is always ENOENT on Windows.

This is a longstanding bug, but given the lack of previous field
complaints, I'm not excited about back-patching it.

Per report from Murtuza Zabuawala.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/CAKKotZS-wcDcofXDCH=sidiuajE+nqHn2CGjLLX78anyDmi3gQ@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/1e165d05fe06a9072867607886f818bc255507db

Modified Files
src/backend/utils/adt/pg_locale.c     | 9 +++++++--
src/test/regress/expected/collate.out | 3 +++
src/test/regress/sql/collate.sql      | 1 +

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: doc: Fix typo
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Suppress less info in regression tests using DROP CASCADE.