RE: psql crash on 9.6.16

От Scot Kreienkamp
Тема RE: psql crash on 9.6.16
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Scot Kreienkamp | Senior Systems Engineer | La-Z-Boy Corporate
One La-Z-Boy Drive | Monroe, Michigan 48162 | Office: 734-384-6403 | Fax:  | Mobile: 7349151444 | E-mail:
Scot.Kreienkamp@la-z-boy.com

?
-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2020 11:40 AM
To: Scot Kreienkamp <Scot.Kreienkamp@la-z-boy.com>
Cc: pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: psql crash on 9.6.16

ATTENTION:   This email was sent to La-Z-Boy from an external source.     Be vigilant when opening attachments or
clickinglinks.

Scot Kreienkamp <Scot.Kreienkamp@la-z-boy.com> writes:
> I was using psql to connect to the local database for a simple update this morning and it crashed.  Here's what was
printedout after the crash.  I was not able to re-create it.

Hm, the backtrace says the problem is somewhere inside libreadline,
which means it has nothing to do with any SQL-level concepts, but
rather with editing your input text.  Did you do anything unusual
while typing that line of input --- say, recall it from history,
or edit it in a way that you don't usually do, or even mistype
some control character you don't usually type?

Sadly, the visible evidence here doesn't tell us much of anything
about what provoked the crash :-(

FWIW, there's a pretty good chance that this isn't psql's fault
per se, but a libreadline bug.  You might check to see if you can
get a newer readline version installed.

            regards, tom lane

[Scot Kreienkamp]
Nothing unusual that I can think of.  I typed it in by hand, the update succeeded, and I was able to recall it and run
itagain from history with no crash.

This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain privileged,
confidentialinformation which is exempt from disclosure under applicable laws. If you are not the intended recipient,
youare strictly prohibited from disseminating or distributing this information (other than to the intended recipient)
orcopying this information. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail or
bytelephone at the above number. Thank you.

От: Scot Kreienkamp
Сообщение: RE: psql crash on 9.6.16
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: unexpected chunk number 2 (expected 0) for toast value ... inpg_toast_18536