Re: Hijack!

От Lew
Тема Re: Hijack!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Gregory Williamson wrote:
> * Get a life -- how people post is _trivial_. *content* over *form* !
> Beating dead horses is of no interest other than the inherent joy in the
> thing. Deal with the fact that an open mail ist will have users from
> *all* backgrounds and origins and it you can't make everything a fight.
> Pick the most important battles. Top-posting is not the worst sin. (not
> reading the manuals is the by the worst transgression, IMHO).

Posting in HTML is kind of a no-no.

> And for those who really care, email etiquette in painful detail here
> <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855>. Hijacking seems to be more of a
> Bozo No-No than top posting. Or maybe that's just me.

> Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments,
> confidential and privileged information and must be protected in
> accordance with those provisions. Any unauthorized review, use,
> recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all
> copies of the original message.
>
> (My corporate masters made me say this.)

Are they aware that your "confidential" messages are on a public board?

Are they aware that routinely and indiscriminately marking all communications
as "confidential" when some go to a public venue, can reduce or even eliminate
the protection of confidentiality from such marked communications in certain
jurisidictions?  IANAL, but as I understand it from /The Hacker Crackdown/ by
Bruce Sterling, it figured into the defense of a BBS operator accused of
disseminating "confidential" AT&T information in the U.S. ca. 1990.

--
Lew