Re: An improved README experience for PostgreSQL

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: An improved README experience for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 26 Feb 2024, at 21:30, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> writes:
>> I think this would be nice.  If the Markdown version is reasonably readable
>> as plain-text, maybe we could avoid maintaining two READMEs files, too.
>> But overall, +1 to modernizing the README a bit.
>
> Per past track record, we change the top-level README only once every
> three years or so, so I doubt it'd be too painful to maintain two
> versions of it.

It wont be, and we kind of already have two since there is another similar
README displayed at https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/.  That being said, a
majority of those reading the README will likely be new developers accustomed
to Markdown (or doing so via interfaces such as Github) so going to Markdown
might not be a bad idea.  We can also render a plain text version with pandoc
for release builds should we want to.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

От: Alexander Pyhalov
Сообщение: Re: Partial aggregates pushdown
От: Jacob Champion
Сообщение: Re: [PoC] Federated Authn/z with OAUTHBEARER