Re: Question about upgrading extensions

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: Question about upgrading extensions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Chris Travers wrote:
> If one releases an extension with say a version number of 0.1 and then
releases one with important
> changes at 0.2, how is the best way to manage these changes?  I
couldn't find anything in the docs to
> discuss this issue.  Am I missing something?
>
> Specifically for pg_message_queue, for 0.2 I would like to change the
type of a field from text
> (constrained to 'text', 'xml' or 'bytea) to regtype.  Not sure where
to put the DDL for an upgrade.

Into pg_message_queue--0.1--0.2.sql.

See
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/extend-extensions.html#AEN
54163

The command to upgrade an extension is ALTER EXTENSION UPDATE.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: pavithra
Сообщение: Re: Need to run a job in PgAdmin-III
От: Jasen Betts
Сообщение: Re: Upgrade from 8.4.13 to 9.2.0.1 successful but it still displays 8.4.13 if SELECT version();