Re: Postgres with pthread

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Postgres with pthread
Дата
Re: Postgres with pthread
Список pgsql-hackers

On December 27, 2017 11:05:52 AM GMT+01:00, james <james@mansionfamily.plus.com> wrote:
> > All threads are blocked in semaphores.
>That they are blocked is inevitable - I guess the issue is that they
>are
>thrashing.
>I guess it would be necessary to separate the internals to have some
>internal queueing and effectively reduce the number of actively
>executing threads.
>In effect make the connection pooling work internally.
>
>Would it be possible to make the caches have persistent (functional)
>data structures - effectively CoW?
>
>And how easy would it be to abort if the master view had subsequently
>changed when it comes to execution?

Optimizing for this seems like a pointless exercise. If the goal is efficient processing of 100k connections the
solutionis a session / connection abstraction and a scheduler.   Optimizing for this amount of concurrency just will
addcomplexity and slowdowns for a workload that nobody will run.

Andres

От: james
Сообщение: Re: Postgres with pthread
От: Maksim Milyutin
Сообщение: Re: Using ProcSignal to get memory context stats from a runningbackend