Re: When it is better to use "timestamp without time zone"?

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: When it is better to use "timestamp without time zone"?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jan 3, 2006, at 16:01 , Emi Lu wrote:

> I need to know when it is better that we use "timestamp without
> time zone" ? And when it is better to use "timestamp with time zone"?

In my opinion, if you want to store a timestamp, you should always
use timestamp with time zone, as the UTC offset information is
necessary to provide a unique timestamp value.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com

От: Emi Lu
Сообщение: When it is better to use "timestamp without time zone"?
От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: generic way to retrieve array as rowset