RE: Psql meta-command conninfo+

От Maiquel Grassi
Тема RE: Psql meta-command conninfo+
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Amigos, boa tarde!

(v25)

>    if (pset.version >= 140000)
>      one thing;
>    else if (pset.version > 90500)
>      second thing;
>   else
>      third thing;
>
>    This also appears where you add the GSSAPI columns; and it's also in the
>    final part where you append the FROM clause, though it looks a bit
>    different there.
>
>    - You have three lines to output a semicolon at the end of the query
>    based on version number.  Remove the first two, and just have a final
>    one where the semicolon is added unconditionally.

Adjustment made.

>      - I don't think one <para> for each item in the docs is reasonable.
>      There's too much vertical whitespace in the output.  Maybe do this
>      instead:
>
>        [...]
>        database connection. When <literal>+</literal> is appended,
>        more details about the connection are displayed in table
>        format:
>
>        <simplelist>
>         <member>
>          <term>Database:</term> The name of the current
>          database on this connection.
>         </member>
>
>         <member>
>           <term>Authenticated User:</term> The authenticated
>           user at the time of psql connection with the server.
>         </member>

>        </simplelist>

Adjustment made. But I think it needs a review glance.

>      - This text is wrong to start with "Returns the":
>
>      System User: Returns the authentication method and the identity (if
>      any) that the user presented during the authentication cycle before
>      they were assigned a database role. It is represented as
>      auth_method:identity or NULL if the user has not been authenticated.
>
>     That minor point aside, I disagree with Sami about repeating the docs
>     for system_user() here.  I would just say "The authentication data
>     provided for this connection; see the function system_user() for more
>     details." with a link to the appropriate section of the docs.  Making
>     us edit this doc if we ever modify the behavior of the function is not
>     great.

Here I considered your suggestion (Sami and Álvaro's). However, I haven't yet
added the links for the functions system_user(), current_user(), and session_user().
I'm not sure how to do it. Any suggestion on how to create/add the link?

Regards,
Maiquel Grassi.
Вложения

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: pg_combinebackup --copy-file-range
От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: Built-in CTYPE provider