Is there a way to use "pack" in pl/perl without resorting to pl/perlu?

От Herouth Maoz
Тема Is there a way to use "pack" in pl/perl without resorting to pl/perlu?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I created a function that does some heavy string manipulation, so I needed to use pl/perl rather than pl/pgsql.

I'm not experienced in perl, but the function works well when used as an independent perl subroutine - it depends only
onits arguments. I use the Encode package (in postgresql configuration).

But my use of the "pack" function causes a Safe error. Apparently "pack" and "unpack" are in the operator mask.

Is there any way to remove them from that mask? I don't want to use pl/perlu - it's too unsafe, I think, and its
runningenvironment is different. I just want these two operators.

This is what I'm using "pack" for: I convert a string in the format '43414C4C5F494445' into a binary string, and then,
givena matching text encoding, use "decode" to convert it to proper unicode.

TIA,
Herouth