Re: Progress report of CREATE INDEX for nested partitioned tables

От Ilya Gladyshev
Тема Re: Progress report of CREATE INDEX for nested partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> 17 янв. 2023 г., в 23:44, Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> написал(а):
> Do we actually need the new parts_done field? I mean, we already do
> track the value - at PROGRESS_CREATEIDX_PARTITIONS_DONE index in the
> st_progress_param array. Can't we simply read it from there? Then we
> would not have ABI issues with the new field added to IndexStmt.

I think it’s a good approach and it could be useful outside of scope of this patch too. So I have attached a patch,
thatintroduces pgstat_progress_incr_param function for this purpose. There’s one thing I am not sure about, IIUC, we
canassume that the only process that can write into MyBEEntry of the current backend is the current backend itself,
thereforelooping to get consistent reads from this array is not required. Please correct me, if I am wrong here.

Вложения

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Underscores in numeric literals
От: Scott Mead
Сообщение: Re: [BUG] Autovacuum not dynamically decreasing cost_limit and cost_delay