Re: Detecting pointer misalignment (was Re: pgsql: Implementation of subscripting for jsonb)

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: Detecting pointer misalignment (was Re: pgsql: Implementation of subscripting for jsonb)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 7:49 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I wrote:
> > After digging in gcc's release history, it seems they invented
> > "-fsanitize=alignment" in GCC 5, so we can make this work for gcc
> > by writing
> > #if __GNUC__ >= 5
> > (the likely() macro already uses a similar approach).  Can't say
> > if that's close enough for clang too.
>
> Ugh, no it isn't: even pretty recent clang releases only define
> __GNUC__ as 4.  It looks like we need a separate test on clang's
> version.  I looked at their version history and sanitizers seem
> to have come in around clang 7, so I propose the attached (where
> I worked a bit harder on the comment, too).

Looks good to me.  Thank you for revising!

------
Regards,
Alexander Korotkov

От: Alexander Korotkov
Сообщение: Re: Detecting pointer misalignment (was Re: pgsql: Implementation of subscripting for jsonb)
От: "Tang, Haiying"
Сообщение: RE: Made ecpg compatibility mode and run-time behaviour options case insensitive