Question: How do you manage version control?

От Bryan Montgomery
Тема Question: How do you manage version control?
Дата
Re: Question: How do you manage version control?  (Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net>)
Re: Question: How do you manage version control?  (Ralf Schuchardt <rasc@gmx.de>)
Re: Question: How do you manage version control?  (Chris Travers <chris.travers@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello,
So we've been reviewing our processes and working on improving them. One area we've been lacking is a procedure to version control our database functions, table changes, static data etc.

I'm curious how others do it. Ideally, we want it to be part of our release / build process so that we deploy functions.

However, how do you handle dependancies?

We've also used patch files if we need to modify tables - these are typically written to only run once, ie alter table add column x int. Any thoughts on putting this in to a process so that it can be run mutliple times without any issue?

Thanks,
Bryan.

От: Samba
Сообщение: Re: Disable Streaming Replication without restarting either master or slave
От: Chris Angelico
Сообщение: Re: Question: How do you manage version control?