Re: Adding terminal title support for psqlrc

От ik
Тема Re: Adding terminal title support for psqlrc
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 9:15 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 08/01/2018 10:55 AM, ik wrote:
hi,

Thank you, it does not effect the terminal title.

As Adrian answered me, it is not supported :/

I was wrong:

https://petereisentraut.blogspot.com/2009/09/how-to-set-xterm-titles-in-psql.html

To get this to work in Konsole I had to edit the profile to have Tab title format use %w (Window title set by shell).

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 4:47 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us <mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>> wrote:

    ik <idokan@gmail.com <mailto:idokan@gmail.com>> writes:
    > Is there a way to add terminal title information for psqlrc that cn display
    > what schema I am, operation that is execute and stuff like that?

    Most terminal programs recognize escape sequences to set the window
    title.  So you could set values for PROMPTn that cause updates in
    the title.  There's an example in

    https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/app-psql.html#APP-PSQL-PROMPTING
    <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/app-psql.html#APP-PSQL-PROMPTING>

    although it's just talking about a color change.

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com