Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose

От Jacob Champion
Тема Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 16, 2024 at 2:29 PM Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
> If no one, including the author (new or otherwise) is interested in
> shepherding a particular patch, what chance does it have of ever getting
> committed?

That's a very different thing from what I think will actually happen, which is

- new author posts patch
- community member says "use commitfest!"
- new author registers patch
- no one reviews it
- patch gets automatically booted
- community member says "register it again!"
- new author says ಠ_ಠ

Like Tom said upthread, the issue isn't really that new authors are
somehow uninterested in their own patches.

--Jacob

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose