Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose

От Jacob Champion
Тема Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 16, 2024 at 2:06 PM Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
> Maybe the word "care" was a poor choice, but forcing authors to think
> about and decide if they have the "time to shepherd a patch" for the
> *next CF* is exactly the point. If they don't, why clutter the CF with it.

Because the community regularly encourages new patch contributors to
park their stuff in it, without first asking them to sign on the
dotted line and commit to the next X months of their free time. If
that's not appropriate, then I think we should decide what those
contributors need to do instead, rather than making a new bar for them
to clear.

--Jacob

От: Noah Misch
Сообщение: Re: TerminateOtherDBBackends code comments inconsistency.
От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: Why is citext/regress failing on hamerkop?