wiki on monitoring locks has queries that don't seem to work

От Scott Marlowe
Тема wiki on monitoring locks has queries that don't seem to work
Дата
Список pgsql-general
So I'm running 8.4 and go to this
page:http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Lock_Monitoring

I have a query that is definitely blocked by another query. I run the
first or third queries, the ones that explicitly say that they're for
<9.2 and neither produces any output. The third query gives me a list
of 182 rows, only a few of which are actually locked in any meaningful
ways.

Now if I run this query:

 select relname,pg_locks.* from pg_class,pg_locks where
relfilenode=relation and not granted;

I get the one row for the update / insert / delete that is getting blocked.

I could swear that the original query:

 select bl.pid as blocked_pid, a.usename as blocked_user,
        kl.pid as blocking_pid, ka.usename as blocking_user,
a.current_query as blocked_statement
 from pg_catalog.pg_locks bl
      join pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity a
      on bl.pid = a.procpid
      join pg_catalog.pg_locks kl
           join pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity ka
           on kl.pid = ka.procpid
      on bl.transactionid = kl.transactionid and bl.pid != kl.pid
 where not bl.granted;

worked once upon a time, but no longer. If anyone has a newer query
that works on <9.2 they could pass along that would be great.

От: "Janek Sendrowski"
Сообщение: Debugging of C functions
От: Merlin Moncure
Сообщение: Re: passing tables name into a cursor