Re: CentOS initd Script

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: CentOS initd Script
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 9:16 AM, Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, September 12, 2012 5:54 pm, Scott Marlowe wrote:
>> While RHEL is a solid and reliable OS, it was never built to run > 1
>> version etc of pgsql easily.
>
> I would disagree with this. All you need is this:
>
> http://svn.pgrpms.org/browser/rpm/redhat/9.2/postgresql/EL-6/README.rpm-dist#L187

or one command in debian, which has been there for years and years
(since etch at least):

pg_createcluster 9.1 mynewcluster

I stand by my opinion here.  While it's nice that RH is finally
getting around to implementing something like this, I've been using it
for a long time in production in debian and debian based distros for
years with little or no issues.  Does RH support > 1 cluster of the
same version of postgres yet?  Looking at the link I can't really
tell.  Looks like not.

От: Jeremy Whiting
Сообщение: RPM contents for 9.2 community release.
От: "Devrim GUNDUZ"
Сообщение: Re: RPM contents for 9.2 community release.