Re: [HACKERS] [POC] Faster processing at Gather node

От Rafia Sabih
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [POC] Faster processing at Gather node
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 9:20 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 10:30 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought there are some cases (though less) where we want to Shutdown
> the nodes (ExecShutdownNode) earlier and release the resources sooner.
> However, if you are not completely sure about this change, then we can
> leave it as it.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

OK, thanks.  I committed that patch, after first running 100 million
tuples through a Gather over and over again to test for leaks.
Hopefully I haven't missed anything here, but it looks like it's
solid.  Here once again are the remaining patches.  While the
already-committed patches are nice, these two are the ones that

Hi,
I was spending sometime in verifying this memory-leak patch for gather-merge case and I too found it good. In the query I tried, around 10 million tuples were passed through gather-merge. On analysing the output of top it looks acceptable memory usage and it gets freed once the query is completed. Since, I was trying on my local system only, I tested for upto 8 workers and didn't find any memory leaks for the queries I tried.
One may find the attached file for the test-case.

--
Regards,
Rafia Sabih

От: Fabien COELHO
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pow support for pgbench
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Speeding up pg_upgrade