Tables with lots of dead tuples despite autovacuum

От Wells Oliver
Тема Tables with lots of dead tuples despite autovacuum
Дата
Re: Tables with lots of dead tuples despite autovacuum  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
We have a few tables that are updated nightly on the order of deleting and inserting 500k records.

I assumed autovacuum would do its thing and clean up the dead tuples, but in looking at pg_stat_user_tables, I notice there are lots and lots of dead tuples, on the order of a 500-600k.

What can I do about this? Why isn't autovacuum cleaning these tables? Is this number of dead tuples acceptable?

Lastly, would it make sense to do a weekly full manual vacuum + analyze?

Thanks.

--
Wells Oliver
wellsoliver@gmail.com

От: Sébastien Lorion
Сообщение: Re: Amazon High I/O instances
От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: Amazon High I/O instances