Re: Observation with Postgres table size

От Wells Oliver
Тема Re: Observation with Postgres table size
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
pg_repack is another solution to rebuild the table (and reclaim space) without the locks of VACUUM FULL, it's quite effective and easy.

On Fri, May 10, 2024 at 7:08 AM Sunil Jadhav <sunilbjpatil@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Dear,

Please carefully read the vacuum full documents if you try this this will impacts on current transaction due to exclusive lock if this is production db then you required a download time for that .

Thanks
Sunil

On Fri, 10 May, 2024, 7:27 pm Sabyasachi Mukherjee, <mukherjee.sabyasachi@outlook.com> wrote:
Hello All,

I am having an issue with the size of a Postgres DB table.
The table have 17 columns. Out of them 5 jsonb columns. The table had 470000 rows when I checked from DBBeaver it showed the table size 34GB. After I deleted many rows from the table - it has currently 27038 rows. But the size of the table still shows 34GB.
I was expecting the size of the DB table to be reduced.
I event restarted the PG DB server service.
I am using Postgres v16 .
Can any body please advise, how to reduce the size of the table?

Sabyasachi Mukherjee

От: Scott Ribe
Сообщение: Re: cloudNativePg bootstrap from dump
От: Ron Johnson
Сообщение: Re: cloudNativePg bootstrap from dump