Re: Dumping security labels for extension owned tables?

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: Dumping security labels for extension owned tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi

On Wed, Dec 14, 2022 at 7:02 PM Michel Pelletier
<pelletier.michel@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have an issue I've run into that is puzzling me, I have an extension pgsodium that uses SECURITY LABEL to trigger
thecreation of encrypting triggers and a decrypting view.  When a table not associated with an extension is dumped, the
labelgets dumped as well, and that's fine.

> But if I have an extension that creates a table (and is "owned" by it) and I apply a label, the table gets dumped
(whenI use pg_extension_config_dump), but the label does not get dumped.  If I run `ALTER EXTENSION <extension_name>
DROPTABEL <table_name>` the label does get correctly dumped.

> Is there a reason why extension associated tables do not have their label's dumped, or is this a bug in pg_dump where
it'sdumping the table but not the label?  Hoping someone might have a suggestion for me before I go digging into it too
muchfurther.

Note that if a table is part of an extension, pg_extension_config_dump
will only lead pg_dump to emit the table data, not the table DDL.  The
table itself must be entirely created by the extension script, and any
modification done afterwards to a table (or any other object) that is
part of an extension (a security label but also a comment, new columns
or anything else) will just be lost.  That's how extensions are
designed, and indeed trying to do inter-extension dependencies like
this isn't going to work.

От: Michel Pelletier
Сообщение: Dumping security labels for extension owned tables?
От: Michel Pelletier
Сообщение: Re: Dumping security labels for extension owned tables?