Re: Prevent users from executing pg_dump against tables

От Ron Johnson
Тема Re: Prevent users from executing pg_dump against tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, May 2, 2024 at 1:47 AM RAJAMOHAN <garajamohan@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello all,

In our production db infrastructure, we have one read_only role which has read privileges against all tables in schema A.

We are planning to grant this role to some developers for viewing the data, but also I want to limit the users from executing statements like copy or using pg_dump. Main reason being I don't want the data to be copied from the database to their local machines.

I tried by implementing triggers, but was not able to figure out a way to restrict the pg_dump and allow only select statements.

Is there a way to implement this? Please advise.

If you can query a table, then you can save the query contents to your local context.  That's a fundamental law of nature, since you gave them read privs.

For example:
psql --host=SomeEC2Node $DB -Xc "SELECT * FROM read_only_table;" > read_only_table.txt

That even works on Windows.

От: Thom Brown
Сообщение: Re: Listing only the user defined types (with owners)
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Listing only the user defined types (with owners)