Re: PostgreSQL on netapp AFF C250A storage ?

От Ron Johnson
Тема Re: PostgreSQL on netapp AFF C250A storage ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sat, May 11, 2024 at 4:24 AM Achilleas Mantzios <a.mantzios@cloud.gatewaynet.com> wrote:
Στις 10/5/24 14:30, ο/η Achilleas Mantzios - cloud έγραψε:
> Hello All
>
> Has anyone run PostgreSQL on netapp AFF C250A storage ? Have you run
> into any problems regarding reliability or performance ?
>
> Thank you

Just to make our situation more clear, we are thinking about moving from
cloud to premise again, for the moment this is just a long term vision.
So nothing is cemented, but we have purchased a couple of those systems
already so I'd like to know your general experience with running
PostgreSQL on netapp AFF.

Or maybe recommend something else.

I am the same guy who had sent this message 9 years earlier :

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/5502C98F.2090806%40matrix.gatewaynet.com

Then in summer 2016 while on vacations I lost the WAL disk.

Backups... take them early, take them often, and make sure they restore properly.  Then you can run on cheaper hardware with some confidence that all your data will still be there.

I'm a big fan of PgBackRest.  Our infrastructure is (so far) reliable, and Postgresql is (so far) too, so I've never had to do a crash recovery, but the applications or users occasionally break something, and then it's OMG WE MUST RESTORE THE DATABASE NOW!!!  PgBR's continuous and integrated PITR has always worked perfectly for us.

От: Alessandro Dentella
Сообщение: Re: cloudNativePg bootstrap from dump
От: Naveed Iftikhar
Сообщение: While creating a user in PostgreSQL 15 getting ERROR: require a VALID UNTIL option