Re: Fwd: dblink_connect fails

От James Sewell
Тема Re: Fwd: dblink_connect fails
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Oops forgot to reply back to this one in the Christmas shutdown.

It turned out in this (new) install on Windows Postgres was running as the Network Service user (??).

This was causing the issue, changed to Postgres and I was all good.

Cheers,

James Sewell,
Solutions Architect
______________________________________

Level 2, 50 Queen St, Melbourne VIC 3000

(+61) 3 8370 8000  W www.lisasoft.com  (+61) 3 8370 8099

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 4:04 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 12/16/2015 06:10 PM, James Sewell wrote:
Oops left off the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *James Sewell* <james.sewell@lisasoft.com
<mailto:james.sewell@lisasoft.com>>
Date: Thursday, 17 December 2015
Subject: dblink_connect fails
To: Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com <mailto:mail@joeconway.com>>

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 12:11 PM, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','mail@joeconway.com');>> wrote:

    On 12/16/2015 04:53 PM, James Sewell wrote:
    > No it is not.
    >
    > Just in case I tried setting it to 'postgres', logged in without -U
    > (doesn't work without PGUSER set) and tried the operation again.

    >     >     DETAIL:  FATAL:  role "PRDSWIDEGRID01$" does not exist

    That "PRDSWIDEGRID01$" is coming from somewhere in your environment.
    Looks like it is supposed to be a variable of some sort which is
    supposed to resolve to an actual postgres user but for some reason
    doesn't.

    What about FDWs?

This is a new database with some tables and dblink loaded.

The  PRDSWIDEGRID01 is actually the hostname - but I just can't see how
it's getting injected.

My understanding was that psql -U should override? And also that any
user variable just sets the user PostgreSQL variable - which is postgres.

Strange stuff. I've just tried from cygwin, from Windows psql and from
PGAdmin - all the same result.

That is all from the client point of view. As Joe Conway has mentioned you need to be looking from the server point of view. In other words what is the environment for the Postgres server you are running dblink_connect in?

    --
    Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com

James Sewell,
PostgreSQL Team Lead / Solutions Architect
______________________________________

Level 2, 50 Queen St, Melbourne VIC 3000

*P *(+61) 3 8370 8000***W* www.lisasoft.com *F *(+61) 3 8370 8099

The contents of this email are confidential and may be subject to legal
or professional privilege and copyright. No representation is made that
this email is free of viruses or other defects. If you have received
this communication in error, you may not copy or distribute any part of
it or otherwise disclose its contents to anyone. Please advise the
sender of your incorrect receipt of this correspondence.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Arjen Nienhuis
Сообщение: Re: Large Binary Columns - Slow Query
От: Andrew Sullivan
Сообщение: Things to notice (was Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?, broken thread I hope)