Re: Review: Non-inheritable check constraints

От Nikhil Sontakke
Тема Re: Review: Non-inheritable check constraints
Дата
Re: Review: Non-inheritable check constraints
Список pgsql-hackers

I don't think this is a given ...  In fact, IMO if we're only two or
three fixes away from having it all nice and consistent, I think
reverting is not necessary.

FWIW, here's a quick fix for the issue that Robert pointed out. Again it's a variation of the first issue that he reported. We have two functions which try to merge existing constraints:

MergeWithExistingConstraint() in heap.c
MergeConstraintsIntoExisting() in tablecmds.c

Nice names indeed :)

I have also tried to change the error message as per Alvaro's suggestions. I will really try to see if we have other issues. Really cannot have Robert reporting all the bugs and getting annoyed, but there are lotsa variations possible with inheritance..

Regards,
Nikhils
Вложения

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Review: Non-inheritable check constraints
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: WIP: explain analyze with 'rows' but not timing