Re: MERGE and parsing with prepared statements

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: MERGE and parsing with prepared statements
Дата
Re: MERGE and parsing with prepared statements
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 12 Aug 2022 at 12:20, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> On 2022-Jul-18, Justin Pryzby wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 03:43:41PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > > Should that sentence be removed from MERGE ?
> >
> > Also, I think these examples should be more similar.
>
> Agreed, done.

Sorry, but I disagree with this chunk in the latest commit,
specifically, changing the MATCHED from after to before the NOT
MATCHED clause.

The whole point of the second example was to demonstrate that the
order of the MATCHED/NOT MATCHED clauses made no difference.

By changing the examples so they are the same, the sentence at line
573 now makes no sense.

--
Simon Riggs                http://www.EnterpriseDB.com/

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: MERGE and parsing with prepared statements
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: MERGE and parsing with prepared statements