Keeping temporary tables in shared buffers

От Asim Praveen
Тема Keeping temporary tables in shared buffers
Дата
Re: Keeping temporary tables in shared buffers  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello

We are evaluating the use of shared buffers for temporary tables.  The advantage being queries involving temporary tables can make use of parallel workers.

Challenges:
1. We lose the performance benefit of local buffers.
2. Additional complexity in shared buffer manager - BufferTag needs to include backend ID to distinguish 'my' temp buffers from non-temp or 'others' temp buffers.
3. Checkpointer needs to skip them for fsync but bgwriter needs to write them out.

Has someone already thought about this?  Any workloads that might benefit from this idea?

Asim and David

От: Justin Pryzby
Сообщение: add default parallel query to v10 release notes? (Re: [PERFORM]performance drop after upgrade (9.6 > 10))
От: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Сообщение: Re: A Japanese-unfriendy error message contruction