pg_basebackup fails with "COPY stream ended"

От Dipanjan Das
Тема pg_basebackup fails with "COPY stream ended"
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi,

I am running "pg_basebackup -h <host> -U postgres -D <dir> -X stream". It fails with either of the following two error messages:

ERROR: Backup failed copying files.
DETAILS: data transfer failure on directory '/mnt/data/barman/base/20210615T212304/data'
pg_basebackup error:
pg_basebackup: initiating base backup, waiting for checkpoint to complete
pg_basebackup: checkpoint completed
WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the current transaction and exit, because another server process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and repeat your command.
pg_basebackup: error: could not read COPY data: SSL SYSCALL error: EOF detected
pg_basebackup: removing contents of data directory "/mnt/data/barman/base/20210615T212304/data"

OR,

ERROR: Backup failed copying files.
DETAILS: data transfer failure on directory '/mnt/data/barman/base/20210615T212849/data'
pg_basebackup error:
pg_basebackup: initiating base backup, waiting for checkpoint to complete
pg_basebackup: checkpoint completed
pg_basebackup: error: COPY stream ended before last file was finished
pg_basebackup: removing contents of data directory "/mnt/data/barman/base/20210615T212849/data"

I am running Postgres 12.7 on Ubuntu 20.04. Can anyone please help me figure out what's going wrong?

От: Christophe Pettus
Сообщение: Re: hot_standby_feedback implementation
От: Julien Rouhaud
Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup fails with "COPY stream ended"