unique constraint with significant nulls?

От Mike Blackwell
Тема unique constraint with significant nulls?
Дата
Re: unique constraint with significant nulls?  (Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak@officenet.no>)
Список pgsql-general
How would one go about building a multi-column unique constraint where null is a significant value, eg. (1, NULL) <> (2, NULL)?

I see a number of references to not being able to use an index for this, but no mention of an alternative.  Any pointers would be appreciated

Mike Blackwell | Technical Analyst, Distribution Services/Rollout Management | RR Donnelley
1750 Wallace Ave | St Charles, IL 60174-3401
Office: 630.313.7818
Mike.Blackwell@rrd.com
http://www.rrdonnelley.com

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: plpython2u not getting any output -> on independent script I get the desired output
От: Daniele Varrazzo
Сообщение: Re: Running CREATE only on certain Postgres versions