Re: Implementation of global temporary tables?

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Implementation of global temporary tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 15 July 2015 at 16:44, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
On 2015-07-15 16:36:12 +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 15 July 2015 at 16:28, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> > I think that's generally a fair point. But here we're discussing to add
> > a fair amount of wrinkles with the copy approach. The fact alone that
> > the oid is different will have some ugly consequences.
> >

> Why? We are creating a local temp table LIKE the global temp table. That is
> already a supported operation. So there is no "different oid".

Then your locking against ALTER, DROP etc. isn't going to work.

There would be two objects, both locked. The temp table is just nice and simple. No problem.

Your optimization may work; I hope it does. My approach definitely will. So we could choose either.

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Implementation of global temporary tables?
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: ctidscan as an example of custom-scan (Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API)