Re: [HACKERS] Walsender timeouts and large transactions

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Walsender timeouts and large transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 6 December 2017 at 04:07, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 10:59 PM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> To me it looks like it's time to get this committed, marking as such.

This version has noticeably more code rearrangement than before, and
I'm not sure that is actually buying us anything.  Why not keep the
changes minimal?

Also, TBH, this doesn't seem to have been carefully reviewed for style:

-    if (!pq_is_send_pending())
-        return;
+    /* Try taking fast path unless we get too close to walsender timeout. */
+    if (now < TimestampTzPlusMilliseconds(last_reply_timestamp,
+                                          wal_sender_timeout / 2))
+    {
+        if (!pq_is_send_pending())
+            return;
+    }

Generally we write if (a && b) { ... } not if (a) { if (b) .. }

-    }
+    };

It's hard to understand how this got through review.

Entirely my fault - I tend to forget to look at code style when I'm focused on functionality. My apologies, and thanks for the reminder.

От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: dsa_allocate could not find 4 free pages
От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: Local indexes for partitioned table