Re: Suggestion: pg_dump self-cleanup if out-of-disk

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: Suggestion: pg_dump self-cleanup if out-of-disk
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 11:12 PM, David Johnston <polobo@yahoo.com> wrote:
Having recently had a pg_dump error out due to not having enough disk it
occurs to me that it would be nice for pg_dump to remove the partial dump
file it was creating (if possible/known) instead of having it sit around
taking up that last bit of available space and itself being unusable for
restore purposes anyway.  Given these tend to be large the benefit to
cleanup seems quite strong and fairly direct to accomplish since we just
created the file only a short while previous.  Call it a beginner or
part-time-dba usability feature.

I don't think I like this.  If I unexpectedly filled up a partition with a dump file, I think the first thing I would want to do is 'head' or 'more' the partial dump to see what is making it so big--e.g. that I am dumping the wrong cluster/database/schema.  I wouldn't want the software to hide the evidence.

Cheers,

Jeff

От: Elliot
Сообщение: Re: Help : Sum 2 tables based on key from other table
От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: Postgres as In-Memory Database?