Re: a verbose option for autovacuum

От Tommy Li
Тема Re: a verbose option for autovacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Masahiko

> If we set
> it per-table basis, it’s useful when the user already knows which
> tables are likely to take a long time for autovacuum

I would assume that's the default case, most apps I've seen are designed around a small
number of large tables that take up most of the maintenance effort

> Regarding when to log, we can have autovacuum emit index vacuum log
> after each lazy_vacuum/cleanup_index() end like VACUUM VERBOSE does,
> but I’m not sure how it could work together with
> log_autovacuum_min_duration.

I do like having this rolled into the existing configuration. This might be an absurd idea, but
what if the autovacuum process accumulates the per-index vacuum information until that
threshold is reached, and then spits out the logs all at once? And after the min duration is
passed, it just logs the rest of the index vacuum information as they occur. That way the
information is more likely to be available to investigate an abnormally long running vacuum
while it's still happening.

Tommy

От: Jacob Champion
Сообщение: Re: Support for NSS as a libpq TLS backend
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Support for NSS as a libpq TLS backend