Re: Oversight in reparameterize_path_by_child leading to executor crash

От Richard Guo
Тема Re: Oversight in reparameterize_path_by_child leading to executor crash
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Aug 3, 2023 at 7:20 PM Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh.bapat.oss@gmail.com> wrote:
However, if reparameterization can *not* happen at the planning time, we have chosen a plan which can not be realised meeting a dead end. So as long as we can ensure that the reparameterization is possible we can delay actual translations. I think it should be possible to decide whether reparameterization is possible based on the type of path alone. So seems doable.

That has been done in v2 patch.  See the new added function
path_is_reparameterizable_by_child().

Thanks
Richard

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Use of additional index columns in rows filtering
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Fix incorrect start up costs for WindowAgg paths (bug #17862)