Re: Failure while inserting parent tuple to B-tree is not fun

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Failure while inserting parent tuple to B-tree is not fun
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 9:55 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
<hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
> I propose that we use the same approach I used with GiST, and add a flag to
> the page header to indicate "the downlink hasn't been inserted yet". When
> insertion (or vacuum) bumps into a flagged page, it can finish the
> incomplete action by inserting the downlink.

Sounds very reasonable, but I'm interested in how you intend to
structure things, given this sounds like what could loosely be called
btree private state. I may also need to use a flag bit for something
that is of interest to the btree code alone.

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: logical changeset generation v6.2
От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: Failure while inserting parent tuple to B-tree is not fun