Re: More work on SortSupport for text - strcoll() and strxfrm() caching

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: More work on SortSupport for text - strcoll() and strxfrm() caching
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 1:30 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
>> 2. I believe the change to bttextcmp_abbrev() should be pulled out
>> into a separate patch and committed separately.  That part  seems like
>> a slam dunk.
>
> Makes sense.

BTW, I want to put the string_uint() macro in a common header now. It
can be used for other types. I've written a SortSupport + abbreviated
keys patch for the UUID type which will use it, too, so that it too
can use simple unsigned integer comparisons within its abbreviated
comparator. I haven't posted the UUID patch yet only because everyone
is up to their ears in my sorting patches.

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: more-helpful-izing a debug message
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: RFC: replace pg_stat_activity.waiting with something more descriptive