Re: ILIKE vs indices

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: ILIKE vs indices
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> wrote:
> I can't quite wrap my head around the idea of "LIKE" and collations
> having any meaningful interaction anyways. I certainly can't come up
> with anything better than "lower() like lower()" (or "upper() like
> upper()").

Hm. Maybe I spoke too fast. Perhaps we should just call strcasecmp()
character by character, or even call strcasecmp() on any substring of
the pattern that doesn't contain _ or % ? The latter would be pretty
hopeless to ever use a btree index though.

--
greg

От: Dimitri Fontaine
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"